October 14th at 7:00 p.m. - AHEPA Meeting
AHEPA Minute – September 2021 Meeting
I hope all is well with you and your families! Be safe and stay healthy! We started our new season with a Zoom virtual meeting and a record attendance of 21 brothers! Way to go brothers!
A few highlights from our meeting:
- The new board was voted and sworn in: John Bletsos, President; Jonathan Loucas, Vice President; Scott Gerard, Secretary; and Andy Ziu, Treasurer. Brothers thank you for your confidence in us. We promise to do our best to serve our brotherhood and the community.
- Many thanks to brother Evangelos Axarlis who served for two terms on the Board as Vice President.
- Congratulations and welcome to our new reinstated brothers: Lambros Deligan, Tony Fragale, Demetris Karion, Manuel Mouris and George Xyderis. Brothers it’s good to have you back and we are looking forward to working and having fun with you!
- We received thanks and appreciation cards from our scholarship student awardees. We wish to all six of them, and to all our young students, the best in their studies. Keep in touch and work hard and smart… this is the best investment for your lives!
- We have taken measures to make our scholarship fund self-perpetuating.
- We decided to contribute to the tennis tournament part of the Community Outreach fundraiser for IOCC.
- Future plans include committee realignment, brainstorming ideas on how to help the community and how to move forward with fundraising activities.
- We will continue with our community programs that we can be safely conduct outdoors in-person. Coming up is an outside activity of our quarterly litter pick up from John Rolfe Parkway: “Because We Care: Henrico Volunteer Litter Control. AHEPA Richmond, Chapter 83.”
- We continued with our “Happy Half Hour” catching up with each other.
Visit the AHEPA website:
A nationally affiliated organization whose purpose is to promote and retain the values of Hellenism, Education, Philanthropy, Civic Responsibility, and Family and Individual Excellence. The organization is comprised of men in our congregation who meet monthly and provide support to our community through fellowship scholarships and other social activities.